Last updated: November 23, 2020
Why is Your Privacy So Important?
Tweaknews has never sold customer data to any third-parties and we believe privacy and the trust of our customers is central to providing good services in accordance with the highest ethical and legal standards. We do not log what newsgroups a customer visits or what content (if any) a customer downloads.
Which Personal Information Do We Collect?
Tweaknews collects information that you voluntarily provide when you register for an account, update your profile, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include: your name, email address, postal code, country of residence and payment method.
We collect the following information automatically when you use our websites or services:
Location Information: We collect approximate location of your computer or device you use to connect to our services or websites based on your computer’s IP address.
Log Information: We collect server logs in connection with your use of our websites or services. This includes your IP address and the date and time of connection.
Usage Information: We collect customer usage of the websites and services to improve our products, provide customer support and general maintenance issues.
Cookies: We collect anonymous information about how visitors use our web site through third party web analytics such as Google Analytics. We may utilize Google Analytics for remarketing purposes as well. We may also use "cookies" to assist the tracking of how users engage our website. A cookie is a piece of data that the web server stores on the browser's PC which the web browser will then send back to the web server on any future requests, to facilitate identification of a user should they visit the web site again.
How Do We Use The Data We Collect?
We may combine the information we collect about you and use this information for the following purposes:
- Provide and improve our products and services;
- Process your transactions;
- Send you technical notices and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events, and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Facilitate contests and promotions and process and deliver prizes;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services;
- We may share information with our corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries; (see the paragraph on ‘Sharing of Information’ below); and
- Detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Tweaknews and others.
To the extent Tweaknews’ processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Tweaknews will obtain your prior consent before processing your information for its purposes, unless Tweaknews is required to processes your personal data to perform its contract with you or has a legitimate interest to process your information, as described above.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We share your information if we are required to by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. We also share limited data with service providers in connection with the services they perform for us or you. We may also share your data in connection with any financing, sale or merger of our business.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We work hard to protect your privacy and have taken important steps for this. These solutions include, but are not limited to, password protection, encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection, anomaly detection and access controls for our employees. To protect your information, please keep your login information and password confidential and do not disclose it to any other person. Please contact us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
How Long Do We Retain Personal Information?
We do not store personal information for longer than required for legitimate business purposes. Certain legal requirements might require certain types of data to be kept longer to prevent fraud or for financial reporting.
What Rights Do You Have?
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Your statutory rights under the General Data Protection Regulation are:
- Right of access: you may request Tweaknews to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information.
- Right of rectification: if our information about you is incorrect, you may request Tweaknews to rectify your information. This includes the right to have incomplete information completed, taking into account the purpose of the processing.
- Right to erasure: you may request Tweaknews to erase your information, for instance if the information is unlawfully processed, or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to a processing on grounds relating to your particular situation, or if the processing relates to unsolicited commercial communication, direct marketing and/or profiling.
- Right to restrict processing: you may request Tweaknews to restrict the processing of your information, if (i) the information is inaccurate, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or (iv) you have objected to the processing and a verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: you may request Tweaknews to provide you with an electronic file of your information, or to transfer your personal data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
We will respond to your requests without undue delay, but within one month. If permitted under applicable legislation, Tweaknews may extend the response period with two further months if such is necessary due to the complexity and number of requests. Tweaknews will notify you of any extension and the reason thereof. If Tweaknews denies your request, we shall inform you on the reasons for such a denial.
If you have given your consent to the processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, by email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tweaknews will discontinue the processing of your information upon receipt of your withdrawal. However, any processing performed prior to your withdrawal remains a legitimate processing based on a valid consent at the time. Tweaknews will not be under the obligation to reverse the processing.
Data Protection Authority
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions, objections or complaints directly to us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. or you may contact the lead supervisory authority in the jurisdiction in which you reside. The list of Data Protection Authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm